What sort of a mom gives their children ice-cream at 9:30 in the morning?! ...I AM! We have BIG NEWS in the Roberts' household... Dixie is going poo-poo on the potty!!! (Bet you're wishing you had changed the channel before that news flash, eh?) :) Well, we are so so SO excited to have passed this hurdle. Potty training has been a long process of progression, regression, and now progression again. For the longest time we could not get Dixie to go #2 in the potty, even though she was pretty proficient at the whole #1 deal. But it was driving Jim and me CRAZY that she would NOT go poo in the potty. We bribed her with everything under the sun (I believe even a pony was promised) :), but to no avail. And then one day, Jim pulled out a BIG sucker (Dixie loves suckers!) and held it in her face and told her over and over that she could have this BIG sucker if she would go poo-poo on the potty. And she sat there mesmerized looking at the sucker. And sure enough, about half way through the day, she told me she had to go poo-poo (which usually means she already has), but I checked and she was clean, so I rushed her to the potty, she sat, she did some thinking, and a few minutes later... SUCCESS! So she got her sucker! She was a happy princess. But that was a short lived victory as the next day we were back to the same ol' same ol'. But about a week later, I heard Dixie calling from the bathroom about another victory. Sure enough, she had done it all by herself! And she's been successful every day since then. We're about on Day 5 now and going strong. She gets a sucker each time, or I give her the option of ice-cream because I hate suckers and having all that sticky sugar just sitting there on her teeth. And so, this morning she got ice-cream at 9:30. My next step is to get her off the rewards for going potty, but that will come in time. Right now, I'm just grateful (beyond words) to not be changing diapers on two children. Good Job Dixie! Way to Go!
P.S. I have been known to occasionally treat my kids to some strawberry ice-cream for breakfast, but I do this completely guilt free by using this tricky recipe:
-A few frozen strawberries (or frozen fruit of your choosing)
-Small amount of milk
-A small amount of honey or sugar (to taste)
Place the ingredients in a food processor and blend. Walah! Strawberry "ice-cream". (sneaky, sneaky!)
My process goes as follows: I usually start blending the strawberries first and add just enough milk to get it to soft ice-cream texture and then add the honey to sweeten it up. And there you have it... guilt free ice-cream. This works great for when I'm feeling a bit figure-conscious as well. :) :) :)

5 comments:
There is no diminishing this landmark of childhood, even though it is poo...its a wonderful thing. Nice work Dixie!!(and mom and dad, too=))
congrats! Yay for only one in diapers!! I found the funniest thing the other day, a video of my bridal shower. All of us in all our college glory. It was great!! You were the commentator. Good times... Wouldn't it be fun if we lived closer? We would have a blast with all of our girls!!
YAY DIXIE (and Mom and Dad:) That is great! Sierra isn't even close (because her parents are super lazy and I'm not gonna try by myself, so MAJOR props to Mom and Dad:) That is fabulous fabulous news. -This is Kristi signed in as Lance:)
Yay for smart little Dixie! I bet that is just so great! Scott has already been telling Sage that now that she's one it's time to start going on the potty. Makes me laugh how ready he is. Love the breakfast ice cream idea. Thanks!
congrats! that is huge! i know, because Isaac just became officially potty trained as well. and yes, he would have starburst jelly beans in the morning, afternoon, and night, whenever he did the deed. whatever works!!!
Post a Comment