Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Lessons Of The Spirit... Sort Of

So, we were reading in the scriptures this morning about Korihor, the anti-Christ, and talking about how Satan had possession over him and how he said there was no God and no Christ. So I asked the girls, "Do we know that there is a God? A Heavenly Father?" And they said yes, and I asked how they knew. And Dixie sweetly puts her hand over her heart and says, "Because we feel him in our hearts" to which Summer responds by sweetly putting her hand over her heart and saying, "I feel Santa Claus in my heart."

Ah, yes. Heavenly Father and Santa Claus. The two motivators for doing what is right. :)
Clearly, we need to explain this a little better to Summer. And now I'm just praying my house doesn't get struck by lightning. :)

3 comments:

Lott's Wife said...

No explaining necessary.
She said it perfectly.
Heavenly Father even smiled.
There will be no lightening strike in Texas...at least, not at YOUR house.

Rondo Family said...

So sweet. Haha. Gotta love the innocence of little kids:)

Erin said...

haha! I just read this to Jared and we both had a good laugh. I love it. Thanks for sharing. :) Love those little girls!