Thursday, September 12, 2013

The No Sweets Sweetie

I find it very strange (albeit refreshing) that Dixie just doesn't really like sweets that much. (How did this happen given her parentage??) She often will only eat half of her dessert, or sometimes decline altogether.
At the start of her Kindergarten year, I would put a little treat in her lunch each day, only to find that most days it was still in her lunch box when she came home. She finally just even commented that I didn't need to put a treat in her lunch anymore because she usually would just give it away. What??
And it cracks me up when I give her a choice between two foods (both acceptably healthy) and she'll ask, 'Which one's more healthy?' Who's child is this??
She's always been partial to chocolate milk, but then this morning, I was pouring her a glass of milk and told her I'd make it chocolate milk for her. She just casually stated, 'You don't need to make it chocolate.' What child declines chocolate milk??


She's always been this way more or less, but the funny part lately has been that's she's decided she's going to be a runner for BYU. (Oh, you KNOW we may have slightly put that idea in her head... while we were at BYU... standing on the track... looking at Daddy's awesome awards on the wall. We're not biased or anything...) :) Anyway, she knows eating healthy is a key ingredient in getting there, so her determination has picked up a bit. It's so funny. She's six. You go, my no-sweets girl. :)


P.S. Summer, on the other hand, is a perfectly normal child... The more sweets the better! We have to constantly reign this girl in. :)
It's just cuz she's so sweet on the inside... she has to keep replenishing. :)

No comments: