
Remember when I promised I would write about the rodeo?? Well, I'm finally keeping my promise! :) A while back we went to the Houston rodeo to see Martina McBride in concert. Jim had gotten free tickets through his work and so we were super excited to go. We went with our friends Steve and Ashley and had a blast!
There was however one thing I could have shot myself over... Last year when we went to the rodeo with Jim's family, I decided to be a "real" cowgirl and wear the boots I got as a wedding present from Jim's mom. The only problem? I had never worn them before. So they were brand spankin' new and here I was trying to break them in as I walked ALL OVER at the rodeo! UGH! Talk about BLISTERS! Well, I promised myself I would never do that again! Rodeo or no... those boots were benched! Well... this year rolls around, and we're going to the rodeo, and I REALLY want to look like I fit in here in Texas... so out came the boots. Does anyone else remember me promising myself I wouldn't do this?? OH THE PAIN! I had such bad blisters! And this is even with putting duct tape on my feet under my socks to keep the rubbing to a minimum. DOUBLE UGH! Oh well... Live and learn. I'm sure I'll make the same dumb mistake next year and the year after. (If I were smart, I would try to actually break them in!... but let's admit it, I'm no Einstein.) :)Anyway, hope you enjoy the pics. Isn't Dixie just the cutest little cowgirl you've ever seen?! We even got her a little baby cowboy hat! She's a country girl- born and bred! :) Loves to all!
4 comments:
I just have one question... why the heck did you WANT to fit in at a rodeo?! Jk. Big bummer about the blisters! The only thing that I have found to actually work (from my soccer years) is mole skin. You cut out a little hole in the middle of it and put it on your heel and it doesn't come off and it totally works. Anywho, those pictures of Dixie are ADORABLE! She has gotten so so cute. You need to update pictures more often! Love ya tons.
Dixie is precious...she looks like she fits right in with the Texas crowd...you, on the other hand...alas, you still look like a California girl:-) How fun you got to go to the rodeo. What was your favorite part? I like watching rodeos! Can hardly wait to see you and Dixie!!
Call me when you get to Utah!!! When do you get in? Hopefully we'll get to see you!!
Cutest cowgirl ever! We actually just got back from the Pleasant Grove Rodeo. It was so much fun! Caelyn wants to do the mutton busting. Maybe next year.
Post a Comment