Oh, and for some comical relief (as if anything about cockroaches is comical)... as I was waking up and saw this blasted thing on my curtains, I was sitting there in a panic wondering how in the world I could trap and kill the dang thing (I'm not kidding when I say that this thing was HUGE!... at least 3 inches long!) and as I'm attempting to stare it to death, I see a little drop come down from it. ...And I say out loud, "Did you just poop?!" That thing had the GALL to POOP on my CURTAINS!! I'm absolutely mortified. To make it all worse... Jim had to leave at the crack of dawn this morning to head up to his parents to start working on a boy scout fundraiser which means he wasn't even here when I stumbled into all of this. I was on my own! ...I'm STILL on my own!! ...With a COCKROACH running around my house!!!! HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!! (If you never see another post from me again, it's because I was eaten by a huge man-eating bug named "Mr. Roach".) Farewell my faithful readers.
Friday, May 2, 2008
The BANE Of My Existence!
UGH!!! I am cringing even as I write this! I woke up this morning to find an INTRUDER in my house. Yep... that's right. Someone broke into my house completely uninvited and as unwelcomed as could be! His name is Mr. ROACH! I call him "Mr." because this guy is absolutely too big to not have a title! Wanna know the worst part?? I didn't even catch the dang thing!!!! I tried, but talk about being quick on your feet! Which means... NOW I HAVE MR. ROACH RUNNING AROUND MY HOUSE SOMEWHERE! (You KNOW that I am sitting with my feet off the floor as I write this!) I am completely disgusted! I am calling the exterminator bug people this very day and having the house sprayed before this cursed bug season begins. I HATE ROACHES!!!!
Oh, and for some comical relief (as if anything about cockroaches is comical)... as I was waking up and saw this blasted thing on my curtains, I was sitting there in a panic wondering how in the world I could trap and kill the dang thing (I'm not kidding when I say that this thing was HUGE!... at least 3 inches long!) and as I'm attempting to stare it to death, I see a little drop come down from it. ...And I say out loud, "Did you just poop?!" That thing had the GALL to POOP on my CURTAINS!! I'm absolutely mortified. To make it all worse... Jim had to leave at the crack of dawn this morning to head up to his parents to start working on a boy scout fundraiser which means he wasn't even here when I stumbled into all of this. I was on my own! ...I'm STILL on my own!! ...With a COCKROACH running around my house!!!! HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!! (If you never see another post from me again, it's because I was eaten by a huge man-eating bug named "Mr. Roach".) Farewell my faithful readers.
Oh, and for some comical relief (as if anything about cockroaches is comical)... as I was waking up and saw this blasted thing on my curtains, I was sitting there in a panic wondering how in the world I could trap and kill the dang thing (I'm not kidding when I say that this thing was HUGE!... at least 3 inches long!) and as I'm attempting to stare it to death, I see a little drop come down from it. ...And I say out loud, "Did you just poop?!" That thing had the GALL to POOP on my CURTAINS!! I'm absolutely mortified. To make it all worse... Jim had to leave at the crack of dawn this morning to head up to his parents to start working on a boy scout fundraiser which means he wasn't even here when I stumbled into all of this. I was on my own! ...I'm STILL on my own!! ...With a COCKROACH running around my house!!!! HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPPPPPP!!!! (If you never see another post from me again, it's because I was eaten by a huge man-eating bug named "Mr. Roach".) Farewell my faithful readers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
You are so funny. We HATE roaches too. At Andy's parents we keep cans handy. A whole can should do the trick, maybe on just the one though. :) We had one fall on us while sleeping. YUCK!!! GOOD LUCK!
That is definitely one of the most disgusting things ever! Yuck yuck yuck! There have been tons of bugs around here lately too. I have never seen so many stink bugs in my life! Fortunately though I have not seen any (other than silver fish) running around our apartment. I hate bugs! When I create my world it is going to be bug free!
Ahh, the joy of living in a climate zone where the winters are not cold enough to kill off the bugs...they just get bigger:-)They do say things are BIGGER in Texas!
We used to have a huge problem with roaches (not that size, though). They would come out at night. If you went downstairs into the kitchen for anything and turned on the light...dozens scattered on the floor and countertop (And I even kept my kitchen pretty clean)! Yeah, it was disgusting!! The exterminator (Doug Larsen) sprayed boric acid under the kitchen cabinets and baseboards, and we haven't had a problem since:-) Hasta la vista Mr. Cucaracha!
I'm so sorry...I didn't know there were roaches in Texas too. It reminds me of our days in New York - our first apartment had the same kitchen issue as the bonnie and mark. but one time, i was watching tv (home alone) and this GIANT cockroach came flying out from under the bookcase and scurried across the floor towards the bedroom...I was not about to have that thing in my room. So I threw shoes at it (I couldn't bear to squish it). And then, bc I didn't know if it was dead, I carefully taped it down to the floor so that it couldn't escape when I wasn't looking and so that Brandon could make sure it was dead when he got home. Now that was funny huh? :) Sorry for the novel...
Thanks for dropping us a line! We had a fun time seeing what your cute family is up to! Your daughter is adorable. So cute. Thanks for letting us know about your blog- we will be linking it to ours to keep tabs on what you guys are up to! Gotta love cockroaches...NYC has its fair share of those guys :).
YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY YUCKY!! I'm getting the heebie jeebies for you!! I hope your problem is taken care of!!
I HATE roaches! I heard that if an atomic bomb went off roaches would be like the only thing that would survive. When I was in Hawaii they were huge and the flew! Yea gross I know!
Okay Woosie! In Puerto Rico we would come home to several of those every evening and go on a pesticide spraying spree. One flew onto my companions neck in the wee hours of the morning. I'll bet Jim can relate. I can totally see you from your description and am busting up as usual from reading your posts.
That is hilarious. I would freak out just like you! So nasty. I could totally see you saying "Did you just poop?!"
Post a Comment