Monday, April 20, 2009

Recycle, Reuse, Renew

So with this creative/crafty/sewey (yes, I know "sewey" is not a word) kick I'm on, I decided to make Dixie a new shirt. The fun twist? For the fabric, I used one of Jim's old shirts that he doesn't wear anymore (I got the idea from HERE). So this shirt cost me $0! (I already had the felt and floss thread lying around as well.) I know it isn't the best sewing job in the world, but it's my first shirt I've ever made so I'm cutting myself some slack. :)

It went from this...
...to this!

Fun, huh? Well, I had fun anyway. :)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super duper cute...you probably could have made a shirt for Dixie and Summer with Jim's shirt, eh????:-)

Connie said...

I love it! Cute idea and I think the sewing job looks great!

Rondo Family said...

Color me impressed. Holy Cow woman. Good for you! It's adorable.

TheTerry's said...

way to go debs! i didn't know you didn't sew. i think i always just assumed with how creative you are. looking good!

AnnCP said...

Truly on your way to the dark side of fabric, colors, textures and creativity!!!!

Camie said...

That turned out great Deb! I think you did a fantastic job on it!

Anonymous said...

That turned out really cute! Thank you for your nice comment on my blog I really appreciate it. I would love to see the dress you make with the new pattern you just bought!!!

Marissa and Scott Bunker said...

Hey! I just saw Jim's picture in the BYU Magazine helping with Hurricane Ike clean-up. Way to go Jim!!

Lamont and Melissa Larsen said...

O.k.,I am so impressed by your abilities. I need to be more creative and crafty - I need lessons! We also saw Jim in the BYU magazine -fun!