

Oh. my. goodness. I fed Summer her first cereal yesterday! I just cannot believe we are already at this phase! It's going so quickly! I think we didn't actually feed Dixie any cereal until she was 6 months old, and Summer is a week shy of 5, but she has been so dang hungry lately and when we eat she will just sit there and stare at us with this sad look of longing in her eyes (okay... well that's what I see anyway) and so I figured it was time to get her started on "real" food. And boy was she ready for it! She took to it like a fish to water! I gave her Rice Cereal with Apples (no point in going for the plain bland stuff... skip to the good!) and she loved it! I gave her some in the morning and she ate about a half ounce (not bad for a first attempt!). Then I fed her some more in the evening and again this morning (she eats more each time!). She's actually really good at keeping it in her mouth and doesn't spit a ton of it out, and she already gets so excited when she sees the spoon coming! She knows the good stuff is on its way. :) It's just too darn cute. My little baby is growing up on me. *sniffle* Love you SumSum!
4 comments:
Agh. SLOW IT DOWN. I want to see a baby when I come, not a little girl. That's so exciting though. What a big girl you are Summer:)
that truly is priceless. i love the pictures of Isaac's first food experience. he did not like it though, so it is a lot of sour faces. she's beautiful!
I can't believe Summer is already eating cereal! Sage is a few weeks younger, but I am definitely not ready for that one!
We just started feeding Pax cereal, because he also seems like he's so hungry but he's still at the age where he just spits most of it out. I love the post of Dixie for her birthday and makeup. Thanks goodness for boys who don't WANT to put on my makeup :) Glad you're getting sleep at night
Post a Comment