

Next time you see me I will weigh 500 lbs. :)
I made this cake from scratch. Initially I thought it had turned out terrible (taste-wise). It was a little on the dry and blah side. But I made a strawberry filling to go between the layers (my first attempt with that) and used buttercream frosting and it turned out not bad at all. The strawberry filling really moistened it up (not to mention tasted great!) and the cake isn't terribly sweet which made the buttercream frosting (which is super sweet) a great compliment to it. I still probably won't use this recipe too often unless I need to do some cake shaping. It's a dense cake (hence it turned out shorter than others I've done) and that makes shaping so much easier. So I guess it's one to keep on the back burner but not toss out altogether. :)
9 comments:
The cake was delicious and so pretty! Thanks so much for inviting us over so we could try it out! Playing catch-phrase was tons of fun too. Grant had a blast! Can't wait to get together soon.
watch out, this gets addicting...and expensive. I've got an AWESOME couple of recipes. we used them for kimmy's wedding this weekend and I think they were a hit! aunt rebecca wants one of them for her cookbook, so that's a sign, right? anyway, they're both dense, which is good for cake decorating-and while they use a cake mix, there are other ingredients that make them SOOOOO much better. oh I'm just drooling thinking about it...send me an email so I remember to send them to you :)
What talent - and they are gorgeous!!! That's our 'Lil Debbie!!!
Holy Cow! GORGEOUS! What was the occation? You're amazing!
Oh, I just read your post about the cake business. Okay, so what? Now we're just supposed to get the pictures of all your increadible cakes and just drool? Cruel, truly cruel. Wish we lived closer so we taste too, and I could help with that business? Not that you need it. I could do any fresh floral arrangements to place on top :). Love you!
Amazed, yet again. It's gorgeous!!
What cake business? Am I missing something? Are you starting up a cake decorating business? You totally could...well at least on a small scale with 2 darling active little girls to take care of:-)
all i have to say debs is you're the man! love you!
Awesome cakes Deb. I'm in school now so therefore I am pretty much out of the blog circuit. I still love ya more than my luggage though!:) Your familly is beautiful. I hope you had a wonderful halloween. I wish you a wonderful thanksgiving and a very Merry Christmas! Love ya tonz girl!!! Love always,
Zus
Post a Comment