Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Homemade Yogurt... Mmm!

Jim and I have been having a ton of fun just looking stuff up online that we think might be interesting to make. Mostly things like cheese, yogurt, a water well for our backyard... you know, everyday stuff. :) We finally got around to trying one... we made some homemade yogurt, which also turned into an opportunity to make homemade yogurt cheese (essentially cream cheese)! It was so easy too (and once you have the yogurt done, the yogurt cheese is even easier).
Ahhh... the fruits of our labor:



:) It really is pretty darn good! And if you add some vanilla extract and a little extra sugar, it tastes just like the vanilla yogurt you would buy in the store. I've already made two batches of it.
Anyway, I put a step by step tutorial of the whole process (pictures included) on my ward's Relief Society blog. You can click HERE to see it if you'd like to make some too! :) ENJOY!!!

4 comments:

Connie said...

Yeah! Thanks for the awesome post! Can't wait to try it.

Gavin and Shawna said...

I wish I had that much enthusiasm in the kitchen. Maybe if my hubby was into it, like yours obviously is. Although, I would probably weigh 5000 lbs because it would be too much fun=) Oh wait--I do weigh that right now=))

Erin said...

Wow! I'm always impressed with what you guys are doing over there...if only we lived closer... :) I love that nothing intimidates you. You guys are awesome! Maybe once baby comes along and he/she starts eating yogurt, we'll try this one out. Although, Jim's look of satisfaction is sure tempting me to try it sooner. :)

Bonnie and Mark said...

I nominate you as our family emergency preparedness guru. Cool way to make yogurt...for sure I'm trying this one out! And yes, plain yogurt makes a good low calorie sour cream substitute!