Well, since my entire ward seems to already know, I may as well make this public information to all my family and friends. (Nope... not pregnant. So don't get your hopes up.) :) I spent the day in the ER yesterday due to some heart issues. I'm totally fine and we're doing good, but I'll give you the quick story to settle any of your curious minds. :)
Yesterday (Sunday) morning, I started feeling some odd and forceful heart beats/contractions. It started around 9am and would last for a couple minutes and then stop for a couple minutes. It wasn't painful, but just alarming. I also had a heavy feeling in my chest (our friend, Andy (a P.A.), described it like a baby sitting on your chest... which was very accurate of what I felt). And then there was also some brief lightheadedness associated with it when I would stand up. This lasted for about an hour. And even though I was not passing out or in any pain, Jim fairly insisted (and I didn't argue) that we go get checked out.
I called my VT who was able to come watch our girls (thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!), and we headed off to the ER. (I probably would have just gone in to a doctor if it hadn't been Sunday and the offices were all closed).
Anyway, the doctor determined that my heart is having some PVC action (premature ventricular contractions) and they were able to pick up several off them on their monitors while I was there. (I was grateful it happened a couple of times while I was there being monitored so that they could see what was happening... instead of me feeling like a big faker or something). :) He said in general it's not a cause for concern, because almost everyone's heart does it at some point or another. But the way mine was happening was a little unusual. It's probably still not cause for concern, but I'll need to go see a cardiologist this week to get it checked out. He called his cardiologist associate who said they'll get me in for testing.
Anyway, we got home from the hospital at around 4pm and I was grateful to see my girls again. I'm not in any pain and feel back to normal. I'm not sure if it was just a fluke one-day thing or what, but we'll just wait to see what the cardiologist says. Until then (and even after then), life goes on. :)
We're so thankful for all the love and concern we've felt from everyone. Our ward is the sweetest ward in the world and they've been so caring. We couldn't feel more blessed. Just know that we're doing well and hope y'all are doing good too!
Lots of Loves from Texas! :)

5 comments:
I swear I've had the same thing happen. I'm always teling Chad that my heart feels funny :)
Hope things go well with your visit. Keep us posted and well keep up the prayers!
Love ya!
Wow...that sounds a little freaky. I am glad they saw what it was...and I hope that it is a fluke and one time deal. It never hurts to check it out!
Love ya~
Well I am in your ward and I must not of gotten the memo... :) Sorry to hear about your little episode. Hope your feeling better..
Aagh! Don't die on me!!! I'm not ready! Ok, so maybe a little dramatic, but yikes. Anything with the heart is scary. I'm glad it's not happening any more, but yeah, forsuresies get it checked out and keep us updated:) Love you!!!
I'm sorry to hear Deb! We hope it's nothing big. We know all about heart issues...let me know if you want to talk about any of it before/after you see the cardiologist. Brandon has Hypertrophic Cardio Myopathy (HCM) and had a defibrillator put in in '06. We're very familiar with cardio... :)
Post a Comment