Summer is in an incredibly anti-clothes and anti-diaper phase. I tolerate the 'no clothes' bit (mostly because she is fully capable of removing her clothes with or without my help... so I have little say in the matter), but the 'no diaper' bit has become a big problem. This is because she has always disliked having a poopy diaper on... which used to mean that she would come tell me she had a poopy diaper and I would go change it. But now it means that instead of coming and telling me, she just removes said poopy diaper and continues on about her business... which, yes, means there is a poopy diaper left somewhere in my house and a naked child with a poopy bum. SO... we started putting her diapers on backwards so that she couldn't take them off. This worked for a little while... until she decided that since she can't take off the poopy diaper, she would instead just remove the poop from the diaper. This is almost 10x worse. Now this means that there is poop--not contained in a diaper--left somewhere in my house, with poop on Summer's hands as well.
Well, today we have reached a new level. Summer has now decided that poop is fun. A playmate, if you will. Today I put her down for her nap and when I heard that she was awake, Dixie ran in her room and promptly came to get me, saying, "Summer's dirty! I show you. Common Mom."
I walk into Summer's room and the scene before me was the most grotesque I have yet to face. Summer was sitting in her crib, diaperless (of course), with poop smeared all over her arms and legs, all over her blankets, and all over her crib. And she was just sitting there smiling at me. I didn't even know where to begin. Cry? Laugh? Scream?
I ran into the bathroom and got some bathwater going, grabbed Summer and took her to the sink for an initial washdown with anti-bacterial soap, and then into the bath she went. Then I had to remove all her sheets and give them a good Oxy spray and then into the wash they went on the anti-bacterial setting (love that setting). And finally the crib got a solid cleaning with my ever trusty Clorox disinfecting wipes. Back into the bathroom to give Summer another scrubdown, dry, new diaper on, and *whew*. Done.
Wrong. Way wrong.
As I was sitting here typing my sad story... Dixie comes to the office and says, "Summer's poopy. Common Mom. I show you." I look over to see Summer standing there... diaperless... and my heart sinks. Yes... this time it's in Dixie's room. But this time Summer removed her diaper prior to pooping, so she left her poop in a trail across the room. And the other downside to all of this would be that one of Summer's favorite foods is raisins... which means her poop is nice and soft... perfect for squishing into the carpet. I don't know that there is a word in the English vocabulary to describe my disgustedness at the job I had to do. More Clorox wipes, Spot Shot stain remover, and disinfectant spray to the rescue... but I am just beside myself with what to do. Throw into the mix that Dixie has yet to master the 'pooping on the potty' training and has had a rather off day herself with several accidents, and I have officially reached my limit. Scratch that... I am WAY BEYOND my limit.
If anyone is still reading this post, 1) I'm extremely impressed, and 2) I profusely apologize for making you read through all that CRAP! (literally). I just needed to vent before my head exploded. Okay. Well that's it for now. I better go check on my little nudist to make sure there aren't any more surprises waiting for me somewhere.
LOVES!
10 comments:
You know...it IS alright to spank those bare little butt's!!!!
Oh. My. Goodness. I am SO sorry. I would definitely be beyond my limit, too. I fear those days... Hang in there, Debs! You're an awesome mommy!!!
Oh Debbie. Why must motherhood involve so much poop? We have a similar episode about once every month and a half and I HATE IT.
I've made Owen and Sidney clean it w/ me before. Given them a rag and a bucket and shut the door and had them go at it for awhile by themselves actually. I picked up the big chunks first and physically showed them how to scrub it off the walls. (This is while they are still dirty too :) They cried while they "cleaned" it up, but they knew that it was a big mess and not fun to pick up by the time I let them come out. Obviously, I had to go in and clean it up afterwards, but it was also a way to give me twenty minutes to calm down before I had to go in there and deal w/ it.
So...apparently I am odd...but my kids (knock on wood) have never had a poop episode...BUT...if they had...I think I would have definitely freaked out. I cannot stand poop anywhere but the diaper or toilet. Oh debs! That really stinks (LOL!!)
You should totally chat this one up with De, though. Pretty sure Kiki had some fun like this....that makes me think. Its a girl thing...which I have none of=)
This may sound desperate, but desperate times call for desperate measures, (plus I am sure you want a solution so you don't have to sanitize your house again). I suggest you duct tape her diaper straps on. I have seen it done on kids who did the same thing. I would suspect that after a while Summer would get used to not taking her diaper off and you would be able to stop using the duct tape. Not to mention, duct tape comes in all sorts of fancy colors. She may really like it.:)
Good luck!
Oh. No. Trey did something like Summers poopy crib incident, but on a smaller scale, a few weeks ago. I don't know what I would do if he got to the point of doing it regularly. Yikes. I think my worst self would come out and there would be some drastic measures. Like, a timeout for 30 min. every time he did it. He would thank me in the long run because this would prevent me from ripping his head of. Don't you love being a Mom? Hang in there! LUVS.
I sympathize! So sorry debs, i don't know what to say. Too early for a tiny toilet? maybe if she knows the poop won't touch her butt in her diaper, she'll be motivated to potty train early...
Wow, all I can say is WOW. I don't know if I'm worried that my almost 3 year old still can't take his pants off yet, or thankful??
Poop, poop, poop, poop. I was driving Trevin to school this week, and rubbed what I thought was hair gel onto my pants, and into my other hand only to look down and see that it was brown, and later learned that it was everywhere. Poop, poop, poop, poop, poop. I'm so sorry, that is rotten, nasty, and all sorts of unfair. I remember one Christmas at my parents when Chase was having "poop issues", Ben kept having some computer voice that would read text say "Chase, don't touch your poopoos," and then throwing in some adults names, and we laughed a lot, because at that point, what more can you do. We did safety pin Chase in his sleepers that trip as a last resort.
Post a Comment