So I'm sitting at the table talking to Jim about how his day was, while Dixie and Summer are out in the yard playing. When suddenly, Dixie opens the door and holds something up and says, "Look Mom!" As soon as I have a chance to focus on what it is she is triumphantly holding up in the air, I realize it's a DEAD SQUIRREL!!! OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!! Did I scream? Of COURSE I screamed! Don't be silly. But Jim to the rescue. I have no idea what he did with the deceased creature, but I immediately took Dixie and Summer to the tub to give them a bath and scrub them down. Oh my goodness. That is just disgusting. I still get the willies just thinking about it.
Yup... I guess I still have a long way to go before I'm really a country girl.
6 comments:
That is so gross! Dixie must be a pretty brave girl to touch it.
Oh what treasure!!! That's hilarious
What...NO PICTURE???
Oh sick. I would have freaked out. That is so gross. I wonder where she got it? Oh and funny, that Livingston family that I babysat for is the Dan Livingston family. Sound familiar? Haha. Luvs.
This is Kristi.
oh my gosh! laugh.out.loud! i can't wait to tell this one to Kyle when he gets home :) I would have freaked out too!
Post a Comment