Dixie and Summer decorated their first cake (which they gave to Gree-Gree and Paw-Paw)
What a work of art! Dixie even helped with a lot of the frosting and Summer helped do a lot of that border on the bottom. And of course they did the decorative job on top.
They've got skillz! :)
They've got skillz! :)
What else? We increased the number of ladies in the household to seven by adding 4 laying hens into the mix...
Jim built their hen house and laying house and did an awesome job!
And these are what we get every day...
You just can't beat fresh free-range organic eggs... for free! :)
And today we went and enjoyed a day of picking strawberries and making fresh homemade strawberry jam!
In a word: YUM!
In other non-pictorial news, I've started teaching pre-school one day a week here at the house. It's a little crazy, but now that we've finally started I'm guessing we'll get into a routine soon enough and the craziness will die down. But it's a lot of fun and the girls walk around the house singing the 'What's the weather?' song that we do for school and asking if we can have school everyday. It's cute.
Oh! And I finally got my bike that I've been wanting! Woohoo! It's a Schwinn Cruiser (but with gears as well), and although the colors aren't what would have been my first pick (or perhaps even my second), I love the ride. Exercise, here I come!
Okay, well that's all I can think of for now. We hope all is well with you and yours! Have a happy day!
Lotsa Loves!











6 comments:
Now that is a chicken McMansion!!!! Awesome job, Jim! And that strawberry jam is just begging for a really big straw.
Now I'm totally cravin me some strawberry jam. Yum! And fun about the bike. I can't wait til' Trey is big enough to ride his and we can go for real family bike rides (although I guess by then baby girl will still be on the back of mine:) Good stuff:) Love ya!
Your girls are very cute! The strawberries look wonderful.
Didn't you know you have my name for Christmas this year???? I was asking for homemade Debbie Jean Jam....you shouldn't have!!!!
How fun to go pick strawberries! I wish we had something like that here!
Debbie JEAN??? Works for me:-) Way to be self-sufficient. Great job, Jim on the chicken coop...and the jam production, Deb...frozen strawberry jam...my favorite! And, I loved the cake the girls decorated. Great job Dixie and Summer...can I just say I am sooo excited we get to see you guys in just 2 months!!
Post a Comment