So... I've got a wedding cake to make next month. AAAACCCCK! I'm a little nervous because it's for my brother and clearly I want it to turn out beautifully. Fortunately I have some wonderful friends who gave me cause to bust out the cake tools and dust off some of my rusty cake skills that have been sitting on the shelf for a while. :)
I got to make a fun birthday cake for one of my sweetest friends, Jackie, and her sister who have back to back birthdays. I loved making this cake. Not sure why. I think it was the colors. They just seemed so tropical to me and kept making me think about being on vacation in Hawaii. That's definitely enough to make me smile! :)
I also got to test the cake flavors I was hoping to use in the wedding cake: White Almond as well as a Chocolate Raspberry. Both flavors were apparently a big hit with the birthday crew and are the designated winners for the wedding cake. So I'm relieved that they turned out well.
So anyway... now I'm not quite so nervous anymore. Thanks Jackie! Hope your birthday was awesome! :)


4 comments:
Mark's getting MARRIED?!!
hey debs...
two things:
1) you are amazingly talented! i am so jealous that you have those creative juices. i seriously have zero!
2)when is markie's wedding and where??
loves~~
HOLY IMPRESSED!!! I cannot wait to see the wedding cake in person:) YAY! It's coming so fast. I am SO excited to see you.
Another gorgeous Debbie creation! I like the idea of the writing on the foil base.
Post a Comment