I totally believe in the power of the Jinx. Okay, well not really. But seriously, within hours of posting in Austin's one month blog post that breastfeeding was going fabulously I ended up with a clogged milk duct which turned into a breast infection in the middle of that night. Really?? (There has GOT to be something to that whole jinxing thing!) I woke up at night, not only super tender where the clogged duct was, but I had a severe body aches, chills, I felt nauseous, and I had a headache that was probably borderline migraine strength. So no fun! So yesterday I was down and out. It's definitely hard to be 'down and out', though, with two active little girls and a baby. So I put a bunch of snacks in a bowl on the table, cut up some fruit to put in the fridge, and put cups next to the water dispenser. Then I gave the girls instructions for getting their own snacks and drinks and for entertaining themselves for the day (movies, coloring, swings outside, etc...) and then Austin and I parked ourselves in bed for the rest of the day.
Warm compresses, a heating pad, and lots of nursing and pumping, throughout the day (not to mention some Advil), and I think we were able to dislodge the clog. I say 'think' because I'm still pretty tender, but the hard lump seems to be much better, and the redness has lessened as well. But neither are gone. So I'm not sure. Anyway, I've got my 6 week follow up appt with my OB-GYN coming up in a few days, so hopefully nothing crazy happens between now and then and I can have her check everything out. My energy is tons better today, though, so that's a positive sign, right?? :)
Anyway, I've learned my lesson. I will cease from blogging about how well any aspect of my life is going from this point on, lest I bring down the power of the jinx upon me again! :) jk. Hope you're all staying healthy and strong! Loves!
3 comments:
That is the worst! I had that happen twice with Bryce and it is awful. I know it sounds really weird, but putting cabbage leaves in against the skin helped a ton for me. I don't know why, but that and warm compresses helped me get rid of the pain and redness.
So sorry for your discomfort, but so excited about all the previous bazillion posts!!! You have a boy!!! What a cutie too!!! So happy for your little growing family. Hugs and kisses to you from all of us!!!!
oh, yes, the power of the jinx is alive and well in our household, too. Hope everything improves quickly!
Post a Comment