Today was Dixie and Summer's first day of swimming lessons! They were so so excited! Dixie actually woke up at about 6:30 (about two hours earlier than usual!) and came into the kitchen (Jim was up making his breakfast before work) and she whispered to him, "It's swimming lessons today!!" (She's been counting down the days for the past week.) :) Then she went and woke Summer up to get her all excited about it to. You'd think it was Christmas morning or something! :)
When we got to the pool complex, Dixie squealed, "This is the best. day. EVER!" Needless to say, they had a great time.
Dixie is in the Eel class and her teacher is Miss Sarah. Summer is a Pike and her teacher is Miss... uh... shoot. I forget. I'll have to find out again. :) (Update: Dixie has a new teacher... Miss Jessica. And Summer's teacher is Miss Courtney.) :)
There is only one other girl in Dixie's class, so she got a lot of attention time from the teacher and a lot of practice time in the water. I think the novelty of the day was a bit much though, because she was constantly distracted and looking all around the pool at the other classes instead of paying attention to what she was supposed to be doing. :) That will wear off though, and I'm sure she'll be much more attentive in the coming days.
Summer's class, on the other hand, has 5 kids in it... all of which are young and non-swimmers. So she spent most of her class time sitting on the side of the pool while the teacher had to take turns helping each of the kids with whatever they were working on. Bummer. She was sad that she didn't get to swim much, but she still says she really enjoyed it. *whew* :)
Austin enjoyed hanging out with Mommy in the shade. :)
Here he's playing the air guitar in his sleep. What a talented child. :)









2 comments:
Holy smokes, Austin is so dang cute!! I love love love his air guitar!
Wow...Austin is getting so BIG! It's been way too long since I've read blogs...it was fun getting caught up...miss you guys!
Post a Comment