Monday, January 28, 2008

A Big "Dixie Smile" to Brighten Your Day

I love Dixie's nap time... mostly because this is what I get when she wakes up...

There's nothing like a big "Dixie smile" to brighten your day. She can make the glummest of days feel happy. Take today, for example, and the passing of President Hinckley. I heard the news this morning and felt so somber. But then I just had to look at my sweet little girl, and suddenly I remembered what life is all about and what a good place Pres. Hinckley has gone to, and I don't feel so bad anymore. I feel so lucky and blessed to have such a cute little girl. Life truly is wonderful.
May all your days be a little brighter.
XOXO

3 comments:

Annie said...

Mmm! I can't wait to have my own!!!!!

-Ang said...

Yea! I definitely think those smiles in greeting first thing in the morning, after a nap or when you return home are the best rewards you can get at this stage of parenting :)

Rondo Family said...

I love the happy wake up smiles:) Um, is it just me or does Dixie have an orange nose?! Have you been feeding her a lot of carrots:)