Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas One And All!

With love from the Roberts

We hope this Christmas has found everyone well, and we wish you lots of love and joy! 
We have thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas this year. Christmas Eve was spent with Jim's side of the family. We went to his brother's home and enjoyed good food, good games, and good company. One of my favorite parts was that my SIL had little kits for the kids to make impressions of their hands or feet and turn into ornaments. So now we've got a handprint impression of Dixie's hand. Yea! I have neglected to do this with her so far, so it was a great treat for me. I can't wait till next Christmas to hang the cute little ornament on the tree! :) We also played Christmas Pictionary (boys against girls... the boys won. Doh! I wasn't allowed to guess though because I was the one who made up the cards (so I knew all the answers)), had some Christmas karaoke going on, enjoyed a sweet Christmas message, and had a nice family gift exchange at the end. It was a really  enjoyable evening.
Christmas Day was wonderful. It was relaxed, low key, and full of love. We woke up and enjoyed opening presents with just our own little family. Dixie got WAY too spoiled... two baby dolls (one from each set of grandparents), a shopping cart with accessories (from a cousin), a baby doll stroller (from G&G Packard)... which, btw, she thinks is for HER to sit in and not her baby dolls... some clothes from Mom and Dad, and her very first tricycle from Santa Claus! She was in hog heaven. :) She got to be a bit of a stinker when things weren't going exactly her way, but she mellowed out after a bath and nap. :) My present from Jim was an AMAZING commercial grade smoothie maker! I LOVE it! We've already made smoothies twice on it. It's awesome! My honey knows me so well. And I gave Jim a pasta maker (yes... he's been wanting one... I didn't just randomly decide to give him one) that has a motor, but can be switched out to a hand crank (perfect for our emergency food storage supply capabilities). 
Anyway, we spent the rest of the day relaxing, taking some time to reflect on the meaning of the day, had Steve and Ashley over (Jim and Steve spent many hours working on cutting up those deer they got last week), just played games and let Dixie entertain us with her crazy cuteness. 
We feel like the most blessed people in the world and are so grateful to have so many wonderful people be a part of our lives. We're glad you are all counted in that. But mostly I'm grateful for the Savior, Jesus Christ, who is the reason there is so much peace and happiness this time of year. He is the reason we can rejoice. He is the reason we can return to Heavenly Father. He is the reason for the season, and I am so thankful for His most precious and Eternal gift to each of us. 
Merry Christmas to everyone and may your New Year be GREAT! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do miss you most especially at this time of year - first I miss our cousin Christmas's and second, you have a birthday just around the corner!!!!:-)
But I hope you get the best birthday wish and don't have to be prego TOO much longer....baby #2 is almost here!!! YIPEE!!
I am glad you had a very peaceful and relaxing Christmas as well. Lots of loves and kisses to lil' Dixie - XOXO

Rondo Family said...

We missed you guys. I'm so glad to hear that you had a good Christams. Sounds like Christmas Eve was tons of fun! I love games:) Lances family isn't too much of a gaming family, but we had lots of fun too. I'm already looking forward to us all being together for next year:) And p.s. I'll be in Mexico for your birthday, so if I forget to call you before I go... HAPPY BIRTHDAY... to you and Jim:) Love you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!! It was great to chat with you and I'm sending you easy delivery vibes from AZ.