I'm sitting in a super quiet house. I have no little children trying to drag me away from the computer. No crying voices calling for me to come to their aid. No one to need my attention. This is so strange.
Jim took the girls up to his parents for the night. They're staying over night and going fishing in the morning and then helping around the house for a bit, picking up some CHICKENS to bring back to our house (yes, chickens... the LIVE variety that cluck and lay eggs- I'll explain another day) and then they'll come back home.
But that means until then, I'm all by myself. Free. No responsibilities. No mommy duties. This is SO strange.
I can't remember the last time this happened. I think it was before I ever had kids. The only other time I've been away from them was 1) when Summer was born I was away from Dixie, but then Summer was there... so I guess that doesn't count, and 2) when I had my heart surgery. But I was stuck in a bed and couldn't go anywhere or do anything. So I guess that doesn't count either. So I guess the last time was NEVER!
Well, I'm not going to waste anymore of my precious free time here! I'm off to do some laundry! And then probably some grocery shopping! Woohoo! Freedom! :) (Don't you love that I can't get out of mommy mode?! AAAAACK!) What I meant to say is... I'm off to veg on the couch with a bowl of ice cream... and that pile of laundry... I mean and that book I've been meaning to get to. :)
Enjoy your day!
4 comments:
oh, deb...chickens?! I know people love their domestic chickens...but I can't ever go there. It's cool that you are going to have fresh eggs...just please don't let them free range in your house like my sweet aunt ;)
Oh I hope you indulged. I am spoiled and get alone time every now and then, but I hear ya, every time it happens I am just so overwhelmed and I don't know where to start. So so many things I want to do in such little time. Well, at least it's a start:) Love ya.
You will LOVE your chickens. We have 5 (had 6 until a coyote found them...so sad). What kind are you getting?
Hey Kathy! I'm not sure what kind they are, but three of them are like a dark brown with white flecks through them and the fourth is an orange/red color. They're so pretty! I love them already! And if you get this comment, do you have a blog? I can never find one when you leave a comment and I'm not sure how to get in touch with you. :)
Post a Comment