Monday, May 28, 2012

My View From The Window

Each time I sit on the couch to feed Austin, I have a lot of time to just sit and watch and listen to what's going on around me. From my spot on the couch, I can see out our front window and view bits of our lawn and driveway. Today I caught some precious moments through this window that reminded me just how much I love my children.

Jim was out mowing the lawn and the girls were out playing, and then I see Summer come into my view riding on her 'new' Tinkerbell bike with training wheels and Dixie is running right beside her helping to push her along. (Summer just started learning how to ride on this 'new' bike because it was Dixie's bike, but Dixie just got a new one for her birthday, so it has now become Summer's. So Dixie was helping to make sure she got the hang of it.) Back and forth, up and down the driveway, in and out of my view from the window they went. Two precious girls laughing and loving.

Then, a few minutes later, Jim was done mowing and out the window I see him helping Dixie on her own new bike (one without training wheels) and she's trying to learn how to balance. They disappear out of my view, but a bit later I hear Dixie start crying loudly (clearly meaning she has fallen off the bike), and suddenly I see Summer dash across the lawn, calling, "Hold on Dixie! I'm coming!" A moment that just melted my heart.

Oh how I love my precious children.

No comments: